After five successful meetings, it’s time to launch the next stage of Professional Speakers Frankfurt, our new Advanced Toastmasters Club for Frankfurt and the Rhine-Main metropolitan region!
Are you an experienced speaker? Is public speaking not just a hobby for you, but part of your job? Then join a community of like-minded advanced speakers who strive for excellence in public speaking!
As a full member, you will enjoy many benefits, such as:
- Voting rights in the General Assembly, including the ability to run for office
- Learn new things in workshops run by our members and offer one yourself in your area of expertise
- Give speeches and receive in-depth feedback from peers who are all experienced speakers
- Participate in Toastmasters competitions on behalf of the Club
- Get featured in the Club’s online Speaker Bureau and acquire new speaking opportunities
- Have your speaking engagements, workshops, publications etc. promoted through the Club’s online channels
- Personal Club email address (email@example.com) with 30 GB storage
To be able to do all this and more we need to give the Club an official structure by registering it as an association (eingetragener Verein or “e. V.”). This will allow us to open a bank account, collect membership fees, and to book rooms at Saalbau for our meetings.
Join now and attend the inaugural membership assembly!
We have scheduled the inaugural membership assembly for 6 July 2017 at 19:00h. To set up the Club, we need a legal minimum of least seven members to attend the assembly and sign the Articles of Association.
By attending the inaugural membership assembly you can shape the Club right from the beginning. As a Founding Members you will be permanently recognized and listed on the Club website (only if you wish, of course).
How much will it cost?
It will be up to the membership assembly to decide the fee structure, but we propose a monthly fee of €11.50 per month for full membership. This is roughly in line with the fees of other Toastmasters Clubs in the region. Once the Club is chartered the fee will include contributions to Toastmasters International. We aim to obtain nonprofit status (“Gemeinnützigkeit”) with the German tax authorities, which would make membership fees and donations tax-deductible.
I work as a Program Director at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management. As part of my job I frequently speak in front of audiences ranging from a few dozen to several hundred. I also teach and coach students and professionals in the field of public speaking.
A political scientist by training, I have held international positions in various organizations, including academia, an intergovernmental organization, and the World Economic Forum.